Removes up to 10Lpm floating Oil
Oil Skimmer Uses:
Interfil 2000 oil skimmer is used to:
- Remove Oil & Grease from sullage drains
- Remove Tramp & Free Oils from coolant, cutting and processing liquids
- Remove Motor Spirit & Oils from wash pads and pits
- Recover Product from process and wash waters
- Remove Oily Wastes from settling tanks
Benefits of oil skimming
Interfil 2000 Oil Skimmer is:
- EASY TO INSTALL
- SIMPLE TO SERVICE
- CONTINUOUS IN OIL SKIMMING OPERATION
- ECONOMICAL TO PURCHASE AND OPERATE
- EFFECTIVE OIL SKIMMING – removes up to 10 litres/minute
- ELEVATES OIL FOR EASY DISPOSAL
- EFFECTIVE – operates regardless of changes in liquid height
- WEATHER RESISTANT – engineered to withstand the elements
- ENGINEERED as a complete system
Oil Skimmer Operation
Surface Oil is naturally attracted to the stainless steel belt as it passes through the surface oil phase. Thus the INTERFIL BS2000 is in effect, a continuous, vertically-orientated endless belt. The lower end or tail of the belt is designed to be always submerged in the liquid and the belt has suspended within the lower loop, a tail pulley.
The upper end of the continuous belt fits over a head or drive pulley and passes between two wiper blades which remove the oil, motor spirit, product or whatever is being separated by the stainless steel belt.
The removed material passes into a collection area and then into a sump which is part of the mild steel fabricated baseframe. The sump features two exit ports from which the oil may be disposed.
Because the Stainless Steel Belt is available in any length, and because the tail pulley is free-riding, the INTERFIL 2000 Oil Skimmer can be furnished to meet any height (or depth) requirements. For optimum operation, the tail pulley should be completely submerged.
An Alternative for oil separation is our centrifuge.